Submit a claim - Claim instructions

If you paid CFLA upfront fees for mortgage relief services, and you have not already received reimbursement for the full amount of your fees, then you may be eligible for a refund. To receive a refund, you must submit a claim worksheet. You can submit a claim worksheet online or by U.S. mail postmarked no later than January 16, 2023. Claim worksheets received after this deadline may be rejected.

Please note: You are only eligible to file a claim worksheet if you have NOT already received a check for the full amount of your fees.

Documentation Icon Documentation must be provided to support your claim. Documents should be clear, readable copies, as anything you submit will not be returned to you. Examples of sufficient documentation include but are not limited to canceled check(s) or money order(s); eCheck receipt(s); credit card, debit card, or bank statement(s) showing payment was sent to CFLA; or an email confirmation that a specific payment was received.

How to File Online

To file online, you will be asked to provide your contact information and information about fees you paid to CFLA for which you have not been fully reimbursed. Your claim needs to include the date of payment, the amount paid, and whom the payment was made to. Lastly, you will be able to upload documentation required to prove your claim.

Please ensure you have all your information ready before you start, as you will not be able to save your claim and return later.

How to File by Mail or Email

If you would like to file by mail or email, download a copy of the claim worksheet or call 1-855-675-2859 to request a worksheet be mailed to you. Please read the worksheet carefully, fill it out completely, and attach your documentation. Mail or email the completed claim worksheet and documentation to the following:

Civil Penalty Fund Third-Party Administrator
P.O. Box 6909
Portland, OR 97228-6909

Remember, all claim worksheets must be submitted online or postmarked no later than January 16, 2023.